So I entered into the sewing room and examined my cutting table. Not too bad, just a few things to move off of it.
Ta Da! Like magic; all cleared off and ready for cutting!
Ha! I wish it were that easy, though as far as clutter goes this wasn’t really that big a chore. I mostly had to reshelf a few books and move a few ‘in progress’ projects off the table.
When I got home after purchasing the fabric, I cut out little squares and pinned them to a photo copy of the pattern page with the fabric requirements on it. I was so proud of myself for doing that! But, of course, now I notice that I never indicated which fabrics were going to be which border and I no longer remember what was which.
I started to cut the strips, trying to guess what my thoughts had been regarding the borders back when I bought the fabric. After coming up one strip short on the fabric that I ‘guessed’ was going to be the first border, I decided to concentrate on the squares and cut the borders later.
Here are all the strips nicely cut and in the order in which I will be sewing them:
It was interesting cutting them. When I started there was one thread, every few inches, on the bottom layer of fabric that was not cutting. I decided that my rotary cutter needed a new blade (this was not a new problem, I had just lived with it). But I started to have the same exact problem with the brand new blade. So I fiddled with the angle that I held the cutter and discovered that if I held it upright (vertical, rather than parallel to the surface) I had no problems and I had less slippage of the ruler as well!
Well, I’m almost ready to start sewing now, but it will have to wait until this coming weekend.